ankstesnės temos: http://www.supermama.lt/forumas/index.php?showtopic=8589http://www.supermama.lt/forumas/index.php?showtopic=381685
kadangi neradau tokios info cia, tai pasidalinsiu:
Places of interest in Tenerife
The Island's most important church. Its nave and four aisles shelter interesting Baroque works of art and most valuable reminders of Canary history. There, La Cruz de la Conquista (the Cross of Conquest) is kept together with the flags taken from Sir Horatio Nelson, the British admiral, on the occasion of his unsuccessful attack on the fortified city. Carta Chapel and the beautiful choir stalls, which are found in the presbytery today, are also of interest to art lovers. Another church worthy of special mention is San Francisco's, which is 18C Baroque and sits next to a beautiful square.El Principe Square
With its lush laurel trees its a delight to explore the Municipal Museum of Paintings and Sculpture containing important paintings by Ribera, B. Brueghel, Madrazo and Van Loo as well as a department especially dedicated to Canary painting.Anaga Avenue
A a beautiful and broad thoroughfare skirting the port area of Santa Cruz where you will find the Paso Alto Castle and Military Museum - where objects reminiscent of the past are stored and dsiplayed. Here you can also find a peaceful place to walk, near to the Royal Yacht Club of Tenerife, which lies in the vicinity of the Nautical School and close to La Casa del mar. There is a magnificent view of the bay.
The Provincial Public Library and the Provincial Office of Records are found in La Casa de la Cultura, Comodoro Rodin St.Las Teresitas
A 1,500m long artificial beach of golden sands. Especially noteworthy is the picturesque Taganana with the El Roque and Almaciga beaches of black sand.La Laguna
Lies inland and is the most important town after Tenerife, the capital. It lies in Aguere valley among magnificent countryside. Picturesque walks take the visitor through silent, straight streets with stately houses. Other places of great interest are the university city, the 16C cathedral with interesting carvings and paintings, the Institute, the Provincial Library in the University, the Episcopal Palace and La Nava Palace, San Francisco's, where El Santisimo Cristo de La Laguna is worshipped, and the ancient Dragon Tree in El Seminario Garden.
Its township includes the Bajamar area and Punta del Hidalgo, which are practically linked by El Arenal beach and form an important tourist centre with lovely natural pools on the edge of the sea. Near La Laguna there is Mount Las Mercedes which has splendid vegetation of laurel and pine trees as well as other Canary species. From the La Cruz del Carmen and Pico del Ingles observation platforms, there are magnificent views of the La Laguna plain and Anaga Sierra.La Orotava
Is the centre of the lovely La Orotava with scenery of indescribable charm. From La Cuesta de la Villa there is a splendid panorama of the valley and El Puerto de la Cruz. The place as a whole is a beautiful sight with beautiful gardens, balconies and stately houses.
Also remarkable is the collection of hand-made objects of the Canary Islands and of Spain which can be admired in the Casas de los balcones (the houses with balconies) - two residential buildings of the 17C built with the typical resin-rich wood from the old pines of the island.
Las Canadas del Teide
After crossing the upper part of the valley and the forest of Aguamansa sits a huge crater with a circumference of 80Km at an altitude of 2,000 m. There are large piles of lava of different colours, multicoloured ashes covered with sand and pumice stone. This is the place where El Pico del Teide stands amidst a scenery of great beauty. The Teide, with its snowcapped top in winter, is one of the most widely known attractions of the archipelago. A Cable car is able to reach the summit in about fourteen minutes.Puerto de la Cruz
- It is the main tourist centre of the province and one of the most important in Spain, with a marvellous climate. Martianez beach and excellent natural pools are found on Colon Avenue. Along the coast, the Martianez complex was built by Cesar Manrique and attracts many tourists. Puerto de la Cruz has magnificent hotel establishments and others, night clubs with international attractions, excellent restaurants and cafes as well as other tourist facilities, which all contribute to giving it a busy air. Numerous national and international congresses and conventions are held there. Also very interesting is the Acclimatization Garden, built in 1788 on the order of Carlos III. It lies halfway between La Orotava and Puerto de la Cruz, to acclimatize plants and trees from all over the world. A visit should also include San Felipe Castle and the Church of Nuestra Senora de la Pena de Francia as well as the Naval Museum of Iriarte House (in the street of the same name), which shows the history and evolution of navigation.
Las Canadas del Teide
Los Realejos - It lies among lovely scenery of banana-trees and cultivated fields. A visit shoal include the Church of Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion, which has a magnificent Baroque retable and a jasper font, the Parish Church of Santiago, dating from 1498 and the oldest one on the island, El Castro beach, etc. There are many tourist housing developments and hotels.
Icod de los Vinos - A lovely place at the foot of the Teide, it is famous for its wines from the valley of the same name, a rival in beauty of that of La Orotava. Founded in 1501, it is a garden among stately houses. Sights of interest are San Marcos Church, with its Renaissance portal and large Baroque retable, El Cristo de las Aguas in the Franciscan church, the Convent of San Agustin, El Pilar Square, Los Dolores Chapel and the famous, age-old Drago Tree, a true marvel of nature. San Marchos beach is large and has good sand.Garachico
- It is like a pearl at the sea and used to be the most important harbour of the island in other times. It is a very beautiful place with interesting sights, such as San Miguel Castle and the parish church. El Puertito is a black-sand beach and there are natural pools at El Caleton.Los Cristianos
- It is picturesque village on the south coast and has become a magnificent summer resort in winter, because of its position, climate, hotel facilities and especially its magnificent beach with clear, clean water and golden sand, and its yacht club. From Los Cristianos, it is possible to reach La Gomera by taking a ferry.Las Galletas
- (Costa del Silencio=Costa of Silence)
There is a sheltered beach next to San Lorenzo valley and a breathtaking view from Pint Rasca. In the vicinity, there are excellent tourist housing developments and centres.Granadilla de Abona
- It lies in a rich area of the island, where the best oranges are grown, and it is a very important agricultural centre. El Medano beach lies 11km away. It attracts many people and has many housing developments, a 2km long beach of golden sands and la Tejita beach. This is where the international airport of Tenerife, the Reina Sofia Airport, lies.Arico
- A lovely, whitewashed and clean village facing the Guajara summit. The beach of Los Abrigos, Chico and Abona.
Black sand beach in Tenerife
- It is a picturesque village surrounded by white hamlets in a countryside full of rockrose, cacti and pine forests. On top of the round, volcanic Fasnia mountain there is the Hermitage of Nuestra Senora de los Dolores. El Roque is a black-sand beach.Güimar
- It lies in the valley of the same name in startling surroundings, with the great ravines of Chinico, El Coto, El Rio and Badajoz, remarkable, deep gorges. El Socorro and El Puertito are beaches, with 1,600m of black sand and pebbles.Candelaria
- It is a place of pilgrimage where the throne of the Virgin of La Candelaria can be seen. The image was destroyed in 1826 and replaced by a copy, which is kept in the basilica. Las Caletillas beach consists of three small, sheltered coves, where a remarkable tourist centre with good hotel faiclities has grown up.
Playa de las Americas
- it lies in the townships of Arona and Adje and must be mentioned because it is of great importance as a first-class international tourist centre.Santiago del Reide
- This township includes the Centre of Interest to National Tourism called Acantilados de los Gigantes (Cliffs of the Giants) in surrounding of extraordinary beauty. There are a yacht harbour, hotel establishments and other facilities.
- It is famous for its wines and has several tourist centres.Šią žinutę redagavo AŠA: 2010 01 08, 18:54